6500 Soquel Dr., Aptos, CA 95003
Cabrillo College is a community college located in Santa Cruz County. It offers a broad range of programs as well as financial aid. Visit their website for more information.
- Cabrillo also has a Re-Entry Center which offers workshops, courses, counseling, community referrals and other support programs. Call (831) 479-6249 for information on Re-Entry services.
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services is a state-funded effort designed to provide financial, counseling and academic support services for full-time Cabrillo students identified as educationally and economically disadvantaged. Call (831) 479-6305 or visit their website for more information.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
P.O. Box 7001, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Apply for federal financial aid to attend college by sending application to college or filling out online. Applicants are automatically assessed for Pell Grants (do not have to pay back), Stafford and Perkins Loans (pay back after graduation), and Work Study (on-campus jobs). Allow at least 3 months for approval process. People who have drug felony convictions are not eligible for financial aid for at least one year; however, people with felony convictions should still apply as they may be eligible for other forms of financial assistance. Must re-apply every year. (Take from Friends Outside Website)
The Literacy Program
1010 Emeline Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The Literacy Program serves adult learners who want to speak, read, and write English.
Santa Cruz Adult School
536 Palm Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The Santa Cruz Adult School services Santa Cruz with a variety of programs ranging from Computer Skills, to GED Preparation, to ESL classes and more. Through Workforce Santa Cruz Career Center, The Santa Cruz Adult School also provides a class from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm daily for individuals who wish to get a job or find a better job. Students will be introduced to the computer and will learn keyboarding and word processing skills to create a resume and access on-line resources. For additional information on this class or other class offerings, call (831) 429-3699 or for more information visit their website listed above.
Santa Cruz County Regional Occupational Program
400 Encinal Ave. Santa Cruz Ca. 95060
The Santa Cruz County Regional Occupational Program (ROP) provides students with the opportunity to acquire career training and technical skills that prepare them for success in a changing workplace and continuing education. Several Career Paths are offered, including
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Arts & Communications
- Business, Management & Information Systems
- Engineering & Industrial Tech
- Home, Health & Recreation
- Social, Human & Governmental
Watsonville/Aptos Adult Education
294 Green Valley Rd, Watsonville, CA 95076
Watsonville/Aptos Adult Education offers an accredited high school diploma program, GED instruction, pre-GED instruction, and other programs to assist adults and current high school students in completion of their secondary education. In addition, students may improve their skills for college entrance or career preparation. An individual course of study based on assessment, schedule, and goals will be designed for each student. Courses are offered in teacher-directed classrooms, individualized instruction with a teacher, and independent study format. Only students with a high school diploma or GED who wish to improve their skills are required to pay a $10.00 supply fee and may be required to purchase textbooks.
- For a list of Approved Training Providers, click HERE. These are the training providers that WIA participants have used during the past three years, and that have an agreement with the Workforce Investment Board of Santa Cruz County for payment of training expenses for enrolled WIA customers.
**Some information including mission statements and program details taken from providers’ websites**